Array.prototype.remove(item)

Jeremy Martin jmar777 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:35:21 UTC 2017

I'm not sure where the "don't break the web" threshold is set at (or how
that gets evaluated), but I do see a lot of matches for
"Array.prototype.remove" on GitHub, at least:

https://github.com/search?l=JavaScript&q=%22Array.prototype.remove%22&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

There's also an old blog post by John Resig with an example implementation (
https://johnresig.com/blog/javascript-array-remove), so I'm not sure if
that gave rise to any significant adoption or not.

I like the proposal in general, though - just throwing this out there in
case other names should be considered (maybe `discard`?).

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Alexander Jones <alex at weej.com> wrote:

> Small Sets could maybe be represented without the tree?
>
> And everything you say about SIMD could be done too when the set has a
> viable homogeneous type.
>

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 at 14:26, T.J. Crowder <tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.
> com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Isiah Meadows
>> <isiahmeadows at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Inline. (Hindsight, should've included this in the previous email)
>>
>> Good deal, that's the kind of thing I was thinking would strengthen the
>> argument.
>>
>> I think you may have meant to have more after *"In nearly every virtual
>> DOM library, in
>> most , the core involves..."* ? (Ignore this if the rest of that sentence
>> wasn't important.)
>>
>> -- T.J. Crowder

Jeremy Martin
661.312.3853