Question of the Day: What about all this asynchrony?

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Wed Nov 8 22:07:55 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM, kai zhu
<kaizhu256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> many of theses issues wouldn't exist if tc39 had responsibly
> gatekeeped es6 with a more modest feature-set of languages-changes

They did. You just disagree with the decisions that were taken, unlike
the vast, overwhelming majority of other people I've interacted with
on the subject, who see ES2015 and ES2017 as dramatic improvements.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but don't mistake it for a
general dissatisfaction felt by others.

I see people confused and uncertain whether to use a framework or
library and if so which one(s) (apparently this is an area where the
paradox of choice occurs), not unhappy with the improvements made to
the *language*.

-- T.J. Crowder