Touch/Trackpad finger position

Felipe Nascimento de Moura felipenmoura at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 03:29:21 UTC 2017

Very interesting.
Thanks :)
It was so close, Isiah! The problem with the current API is that you can
"jump" from one place to another.

Let's say I draw an "A" in the left side of my trackpad, then I draw a "B"
in the right side of the trackpad. On the screen, they will overlap, with
both letters in the same place.

I will ask them there, Joe.

Thanks a lot, folks :)

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:47 AM, /#!/JoePea <joe at trusktr.io> wrote:

> The best place to ask about this is probably somewhere here:
> github.com/whatwg. I'm not sure which repo this topic would be in, but
> you can kindly ask about which repo to post in once you've opened an issue
> in the repo you think is most related. My guess would be github.com/whatw
> g/dom.
>
> */#!/*JoePea
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Isiah Meadows <isiahmeadows at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Also, for future reference, these kinds of feature requests belong in the
>> WHATWG's mailing lists, not here.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017, 18:59 Eli Perelman <eli at eliperelman.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The ECMAScript language deals with semantics around the specific
>>> programming language, while native interactions are supplied by the host
>>> environment, e.g. Node.js and the browser. This is why interactions like
>>> window and document events are defined by W3C and friends, and
>>> strictly-language items are handled by ES.
>>>
>>> You'll probably want something like Touch Events, defined by the host
>>> environment:
>>>
>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Touch_events

[ ]s

*--*