Help wanted: Membrane proxies + Object.freeze() == paradox
ajvincent at gmail.com
Tue May 23 07:44:47 UTC 2017
Full details are at https://github.com/ajvincent/es7-membrane/issues/79 ,
which is where I'm hoping to find a solution.
In short: if
1. I have a function wetB() and an instance of wetB called wet_b,
2. I call Object.freeze(wet_b);
3. I create matching "membrane" proxies for wetB and wet_b named dryB
- Reflect.get(wetB, "prototype") === Reflect.getPrototypeOf(wet_b)
- Reflect.get(dryB, "prototype") !== Reflect.getPrototypeOf(dry_b)
This is a paradox: I claim that what's true on the "wet" object graph
should be true on the "dry" object graph.
Please, if you can offer help on this to fix the sample code I've posted,
or if you can confirm that my claim above is incorrect and never can be
correct, I'd appreciate it.
Hayward, CA, USA
"The first step in confirming there is a bug in someone else's work is
confirming there are no bugs in your own."
-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the es-discuss