Question ... perhaps a proposal: extract from object to object

Felipe Nascimento de Moura felipenmoura at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 12:04:22 UTC 2017

Hi.
Interesting to know that it has already been discussed.

I know we could create a function to do similar things, but I think the
language itself has evolved so well, this is a use case it could fit
somehow.

I think there could be different approaches for that, like

Object.pick([ 'a', 'c' ], { a: 1, b: 2, c: 3 })

or

let x = {a, c}{ a: 1, b: 2, c: 3 }

or

let {a, c} as x = { a: 1, b: 2, c: 3 }

or

let x = { a: 1, b: 2, c: 3 }{a, c}

or

let x = { a: 1, b: 2, c: 3 }['a', 'c']

Would you consider any of those as an interesting option?

thanks.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:25 AM, peter miller <fuchsia.groan at virgin.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There seems to be little appetite for taking it up, in spite of it being
>> (IMHO) a very common use case.
>>

> I'll second it being common in my code. My personal highlights would be
> assigning to this:
>
> ```
> this.{x,y,z} = a;
> ```
>
> and combining it with property spreading:
>
> ```
> const result = { a, b, ...x.{ y, z }, ...p.{ q, r } };
> ```
>
> Peter
>
> --
> "There were drawings, and sheets of paper with writing on them, and it
> seemed that they were the sustenance of life, that here were the warlocks,
> almost the vehicles of destruction of man's life, but at the same time the
> very reason for his living." --- Maeve Gilmore/Titus Awakes.

[ ]s

*--*

*Felipe N. Moura*
Web Developer, Google Developer Expert