Do we really need async generators?

Axel Rauschmayer rauschma at icloud.com
Sat Mar 11 16:00:27 UTC 2017

I’ve thought some more about the async iteration proposal [1] and my thinking has evolved:

* I find the async iteration protocol and `for-await-of` useful.
* But I still suspect that Communicating Sequential Processes (i.e., async functions plus library code) are a simpler solution than async generators.

I’m genuinely interested in finding the best possible approach, so any kind of feedback is welcome – especially if CSP have any kind of deficiency that I have overlooked.

Details: https://gist.github.com/rauschma/4dc86ea81585fcfe056de3caa19aa38f <https://gist.github.com/rauschma/4dc86ea81585fcfe056de3caa19aa38f> (I’ll probably publish this blog post on Monday or Tuesday)

[1] https://github.com/tc39/proposal-async-iteration

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer