Proposal for a static constructor and static member variables

Brandon Andrews warcraftthreeft at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 26 04:40:49 UTC 2017

The initial proposal for discussion is below:

https://github.com/sirisian/ecmascript-static-constructor

I don't believe this conflicts with other proposals yet, nor any future proposals. Essentially it adds static members in a very compact syntax with minimal grammar changes required.

What I foresee happening years from now is public, private, and static member syntax will be added. Much like how public members are defined in the constructor for the moment the static constructor would be the way to define static members of the class for now.

Thoughts?