NodeJS's __filename/__dirname in ES6 Modules

Bradley Meck bradley.meck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:47:43 UTC 2017

The current trend is towards the https://github.com/nodejs/node-eps/pull/39
rewrite which does not have magic variables
https://github.com/bmeck/node-eps/blob/b14276ca093fac9cbc3b72ff5433df35ae67fb59/002-es-modules.md#341-environment-variables

There are ideas about exposing the URL of the current ESM via something
like
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1aq_QjBUQTovj9aQZQrVzS7l1aiOs3ZNlk7wgNTUEMy0/edit#slide=id.g16ab11d101_0_22