Performance of frozen vs non-frozen objects

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 04:15:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Isiah Meadows <isiahmeadows at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yeah...I've been having issues creating test cases, too. I feel one of
> us should probably report it. (I don't have the time ATM, and it's not
> something you can easily reproduce, so it might take a non-trivial
> amount of time.)

couldn't figure out where to report it.  Just gave up.   Finally got the
mod I wanted to see done though
https://jsperf.com/freeze-vs-seal-vs-normal/36  using 'const' instead of
var.  Results in the same performances anyway.

I did notice that often sealed and frozen objects in V8 are either slower
than or the same speed as unfrozen objects.  (in near latest Node JS).