Performance of frozen vs non-frozen objects

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Thu Dec 28 01:23:54 UTC 2017

On 12/26/17 9:07 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
>     I tried https://jsperf.com/freeze-vs-seal-vs-normal/3 and
>     https://jsperf.com/freeze-vs-seal-vs-normal/28 on Chrome, FF, and
>     Safari. I don't know why the bar charts are not updating. I am
>     traveling and do not currently have access to a machine running Edge.
>
>     Could someone who has access to all four browsers, and knows how to
>     get the displayed data to update, try these on all four? Thanks.

It's pretty hard to run both Edge and Safari on the same setup.

That said, at least https://jsperf.com/freeze-vs-seal-vs-normal/3 is
being completely optimized away in Firefox for all of the testcases.  Or
at least running at the same speed as
<https://jsperf.com/freeze-vs-seal-vs-normal/30>; for some reason jsperf
is refusing to create a revision that has both the control and the
actual tests...

-Boris