import { foo, bar } as obj from 'module

Caridy Patiño caridy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 20:23:58 UTC 2017

those {} that you see in the export and import statements are not objects, it is just syntax. Yes, I know, people confuse them with objects, until they realize they aren’t. We probably should have chosen a different syntax to signal that it is a binding from the module’s environment record.

Another way to look at this is from the lenses of function declarations or function expressions, those {} that represent the body of the function are more closely related to what you use in the import/export statements that what you use for objects.

For those assuming that this will just fly through the staging process, it will not! There are many issues when considering it a object declaration.

/caridy