async/await -> await/async: a simpler, less error-prone async syntax

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Mon Dec 4 14:53:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Bob Myers <rtm at gol.com> wrote:

> It turns out that this approach has a number of problems.
> As a result, future versions of selenium will no longer support it.
> Test writers will be asked to write `await` where needed.

Were there problems other than the complexity of maintaining the
promise manager tool and issues with debuggability? Neither of those
seems like it would be an issue with Steven's proposal...

(I just realized for the first time, Bob, that your initials are RTM.
I love it. You should adopt Frank as a second middle name. ;-) )

-- T.J. Crowder