Debuggers and async/await should work together better: I have testcases.

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Fri Dec 1 09:46:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Alex Vincent <ajvincent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know I should be filing this in Bugzilla, and I will this
> weekend... I'm posting this here for all JS engine & debugging
> tools teams, as a heads-up:  when it comes to async functions,
> the step-through-code user experience is subpar.

Maybe on Firefox (just verified), not on Chrome. The experience in Chrome
(so, the combination of Chrome's devtools and V8's support) is very good
indeed. Stepping over `await` just steps over it. Stepping into it steps
into it. Extremely natural. Haven't tried Edge's F12.

So a Bugzilla report may be appropriate, although I suspect there's one
already there and/or that they're already on it.

-- T.J. Crowder