JSON.stringify </script>

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:38:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Alexander Jones <alex at weej.com> wrote:
> Maybe we should just make U+2028 and U+2029 valid in JS then? What other
> productions in JSON are invalid syntax in JS?

I don't think any other productions in JSON are invalid syntax in an
Expression context.

JSON places no limit on size of numeric literals, and other languages
ban unrepresentably large ones, but IIRC ES does not.

Obviously if you start parsing JSON in a statement context, you run
into problems where a JSON object with one or more properties is an
invalid BlockStatement and the ExpressionStatement production is not
reached because of the negative lookahead.