Endorse an unambiguous syntax for ES2015 modules

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Thu Sep 29 06:54:02 UTC 2016

From: Jordan Harband [mailto:ljharb at gmail.com]

> An alternative answer to "What is the problem for the TC39 to doing the endorse this effort?" is, it hasn't been presented to the committee yet. So, it's a little soon to declare that there is or is not a consensus, or that TC39 is doing or not doing anything about it. The committee hasn't been given the chance to consider it yet.

Sure. But you can extrapolate from the many previous conversations with committee members about this proposal what will happen when it is presented. Similar to how if I planned to propose adding the C language's type system to JavaScript, it would be fair to make guesses about how such a proposal would go, and whether it would achieve consensus, based on previously-expressed opinions by committee members about types in JavaScript.