Proposal: Proxy iteration (`let ... of ...`) trap handler

Tycho Grouwstra tychogrouwstra at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 04:54:16 UTC 2016

Thank you.

To elaborate a bit, what I'm trying to do is use Proxy so as to enable
FSM-like DSLs, essentially having one Proxy type represent the current
'state' dictating what DSL you're in, one property access choosing to
either yield a new proxied object, yielding an unwrapped version, or one
wrapped in a different proxy type.

This is why I'd wanted to be able to trap different operations, as they
help to give ways to distinguish cases (return a wrapped result etc.). The
point would be this would allow a user to 'navigate' something pretending
to be a regular object, even though it isn't (e.g. async values like
Promises/Observables, remote collections too costly to fetch in full unless
needed, decycled versions of the regular object for the purpose of
serialization, you name it...).