Proposal: Proxy iteration (`let ... of ...`) trap handler

Tycho Grouwstra tychogrouwstra at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 03:34:14 UTC 2016

I'd like to propose adding support for an iteration trap handler for Proxy,
fleshing out the list of [currently supported Proxy handlers](
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Proxy#Methods_of_the_handler_object
).
I think Proxy is among the most powerful features of JS, so I find it
unfortunate iteration, a common operation, is still missing. No new syntax
would be required for this addition.

On a side-note, I'd be happy if there were no additional [requirements](
http://stackoverflow.com/a/32360219/1502035) on usage of such a trap, but
I'm not sure that would complicate implementation.