Bug: Reflect.ownKeys(function() {}) differs in V8 strict mode than other cases

Caitlin Potter caitpotter88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:09:44 UTC 2016

The part that matters here is in annex B: http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/7.0/#sec-forbidden-extensions

This forbids functions in strict code from having own properties "caller" or "arguments". Newer function kinds have these restrictions in sloppy mode.

AddRestricted... adds the accessor which makes getting/setting "caller" or "arguments" throw, but is per spec only performed on intrinsics (like %FunctionPrototype%).

So unfortunately, this is something your membrane would need to be aware of and work around. Mozilla's approach violates ECMAScript's forbidden extensions and can't be considered "correct"

Sent from my iPhone