Proposal: `await [p1, p2]` (equivalent to `await Promise.all([p1, p2])`)

Olivier Lalonde olalonde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:03:37 UTC 2016

I didn't realize `await` could be used on non-`Promise`s, never mind. I
wonder why that is, seems strange. Maybe so that async functions could be
more easily swapped out with sync ones in code? I do think `Promise.all`
should deserve special treatment because it is so common, unlike
Promise.race (who uses that seriously?) and future combinators. But I'm not
sure it is worth introducing new syntax for.