expanding comments proposal

Bruno Jouhier bjouhier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 22:11:19 UTC 2016

Making things seamless for TS would mean more than just accepting the
`name: type` syntax and ignoring its `: type` part. ES would also need to
accept other syntax from TS: `expr as type`,  `type T = ...`, `declare
...`, `class C implements I`, etc. A half job would not cut it because you
quickly end up using all these constructs when you develop in TS.

I'm not saying this would be a bad thing (I'd love to have it) but this is
going a bit beyond _expanding comments syntax_.

Introducing _yet another comments syntax_ which is not understood by TS
would not help at all, as we would still need a transpiler.