Why Number(symbol) crashes?

Kris Siegel krissiegel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:59:57 UTC 2016

Symbol is such an oddball; similar to this if you do Symbol() + "" it will
also throw an exception unlike all other built-ins. Granted I have no idea
what a string representation of Symbol *really* would be but no other built
in type behaves the way Symbol does.

I do think Number(Symbol()) should return NaN though. I'd like to know why
this didn't happen.