Immutable const?

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:58:27 UTC 2016

JS doesn't have immutable types, which is why `Object.freeze` simply says
"don't change this object's own properties". Frozen objects make for nice
enumerated types, but JS has no notion of immutability. Additionally, you
have to take into account the internal slots, which freezing objects has no
effect on (it only has an effect with the internal `object.[[Get]]` and
`object.[[Set]]` methods).

-----

Isiah Meadows
me at isiahmeadows.com