Proposal of Multithread JavaScript

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:42:26 UTC 2016

On 11/4/16 3:16 AM, doodad-js Admin wrote:
> Using threads and shared objects, IPC and serialization/deserialization of objects will no longer be required.

Just so we're clear, what _will_ be required, in the VM, is locking
around property access and a GC that can deal with multiple threads, right?

SpiderMonkey used to have all that.  We removed it because the
performance penalties it imposed were not acceptable.  Reintroducing it
would be a pretty hard sell, for that same reason.

-Boris