Proposal of Multithread JavaScript

Michael J. Ryan tracker1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:41:08 UTC 2016

Workers define a clear boundary...  In Windows, only the main thread can
touch the ui..  and in Linux, threads are almost as expensive as
processes...

Just the same, I'm okay with threads, but feel that not having shared state
I'd better as you will avoid a large amount of potential bugs.  Having
clear separation still allows you to solve many problems where threading
would help in a clean and clear way.

There's been other discussions of a load a threaded module, which could
have a clear line in the sand.  I wouldn't even mind coroutines or a good,
safe csp implementation...  However, those lines would take longer to
develop safely and take longer still to lock down appropriately.

Having worked as threads and allowing a lighter weight message would negate
a lot of the negatives you mention... It doesn't have to be a serialized
message.  Adding an immutable object probative would do the trick (given
fewer hurdles).

All ui/Dom access needs to be serialized anyway, I don't think that's a
good example of why we absolutely need shared state threads.