Proposal of Multithread JavaScript

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:05:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Michał Wadas <michalwadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, is there any problem that can't be easily solved with
> message-passing for high-level structures or low-level shared memory
> buffers?

Yes, meshing dynamic geometries that involve a few 20k faces.   If you have
a thread do the work, the overhead of srealizing the resulting buffers will
kill any benefit.

But; typed arrays can be shared also.  (they are with C++ addons in node)

The biggest problem with node's lack of threads is they really need
separate but equal heaps.  I heard that there's a global heap lock... that
wouldn't be required except when allocating addition space for each heap.

To the general - stop treating programmers like idiots.  Give us the rope.
Let us hang ourselves.