Proposal of Multithread JavaScript

Wes Garland wes at page.ca
Thu Nov 3 15:47:49 UTC 2016

Please do.  I have also done some work in this area.  I have also
implemented asynchronous POSIX signals (fraught with peril) and fork().
Entertaining stuff.

My major problem has always been entrainment of crap from the global
object.  Although it has been a few years since I looked at this (slightly
before ES5 release).

Wes

On 2 November 2016 at 16:28, Isiah Meadows <isiahmeadows at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll post it to the list when it's ready, though.
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016, 16:27 Isiah Meadows <isiahmeadows at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been working on another idea for parallelism that also leverage
>> modules, but doesn't involve workers. It will enable read-only resource
>> sharing of direct object instances across threads, using realms, a built-in
>> concept of thread ownership, and atomicity for ensuring thread safety. It
>> also allows for blocking calls for individual atomic access.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016, 16:00 Leo Dutra <leodutra.br at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We could think in a pool of workers with dynamic code execution or
>> propose, in JS spec, points where multithreading is recommended.
>>
>> Anyway... looks like community is OK with the current state and that's
>> more than enough.
>>
>> Good to see interest, anyways.

Wesley W. Garland
Director, Product Development