Observing whether a function is strict

Claude Pache claude.pache at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:25:16 UTC 2016

> Le 26 mai 2016 à 10:43, G. Kay Lee <balancetraveller+es-discuss at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I was under the impression that strict mode is a (temporary) workaround to get rid of unwanted bad parts of the language without instantly breaking anything. The long term question thus should be: do we have a timeline on the final removal of non-strict behavior from the language, and establish the "strict mode" as the one and only standard behavior. If so, then introducing any additional language feature to help detecting strict/non-strict is certainly not ideal.

AFAIK, there is no plan to remove non-strict mode.

And to be clear about my intentions, what I have in the back of my head was certainly not "introducing any additional language feature to help detecting strict/non-strict" (yuck!), but whether it makes sense to think about a possible way to remove that leak from `Function#arguments` and `Function#caller`. But it would be premature to consider that issue without *at least* an answer to my original question: Are there other ways...?

—Claude