"Super" hoisting

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Fri May 13 17:14:12 UTC 2016

> On May 13, 2016, at 12:13 PM, /#!/JoePea <joe at trusktr.io> wrote:
>
> > Or "Cython in Javascript". I think your needs can be satisfied by C/C++ addons in Node.js or WebAssembly in browser
>
> But we want to stay in JavaScript because we like the language. Plus, writing a framework in JavaScript has the obvious advantage that a beginner web programmer can just start using it easily (HTML/JAvaScript is like the gateway drug of programming nowadays so there's certain advantages to writing a library in JS as opposed to in C or compiling to WebAssembly).

I don’t think there being an alternate is any reason to not improve something.  I’m realistic here, I know there are concerns which are 1,000,000x more important than me, games or other time sensitive applications, and backwards compatibility and language complications and sometimes philosophy.  Just a few things here and there, though, not necessarily any of the ideas I’ve come up with, can solve or mitigate this problem.

I never thought I’d see modules or classes!  Everything is on the right path.  Just being able to deal with the GC (and maybe types if I’m lucky) is the only big hurdle to the kind of thing myself and others are doing.

[>] Brian