"Super" hoisting

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Fri May 13 17:09:50 UTC 2016

> On May 13, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Herby Vojčík <herby at mailbox.sk> wrote:
>
> It's different. Does _allocation_ or _GC_ eats the performance?

That’s a good question.  It’d be hard to tease out that data for runs of the source, but I suspect it’s GC, because it’s a pause, not an overall slowdown.  And over-all pause would me the allocations are bad; a pause (every couple seconds) means the GC is bad.

It’s not doubt that GC is the big bottle neck for real time applications, like games.  That’s been known for years.  It’s one of the reason asm.js operates like it does, to basically recreate a alloc/free memory model to cancel the GC (outside of things like DOM, etc.)

[>] Brian