Tracking proposals should be standardized with issues

Bob Myers rtm at gol.com
Fri May 13 12:06:04 UTC 2016

As a non-member potential proposer, I'd strongly second this motion.

Based on the following:

*Ideas for evolving the ECMAScript language are accepted in any form. Any
discussion, idea or proposal for a change or addition which has not been
submitted as a formal proposal is considered to be a “strawman” (stage 0)
and has no acceptance requirements. Such submissions must either come from
members of TC39 or from non-members who have registered via Ecma
International.*

from https://tc39.github.io/process-document/, after registering, I
submitted a pull request at https://github.com/tc39/ecma262/pull/449, which
was politely rejected by @michaelficarra with the note that I needed a
champion and the process document was out of date.

My proposal, called extended pick notation (see
https://github.com/rtm/js-pick-notation) is, IMHO, well above average in
terms of having a fleshed-out proposal and a POC implementation in sweet.
Without rehashing the details and the motivation, it's a feature which
quite a few people have requested in one form or another, has limited
syntactic footprint, and has generated a fair amount of feedback on the ML.
It would nice if I could find a champion but that hasn't happened yet.

Bob