Tracking proposals should be standardized with issues

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:08:28 UTC 2016

Here's my concerns:

1. People are going to blow up the issues they like, instead of either
creating issues in those related repos or finding more appropriate channels
for them.
2. People are going to start filling issues for whatever proposal they came
up with, without really deliberating over it, and without bringing it up on
es-discuss at all. This will lead to way more to sift through than what
should be necessary.
3. Making proposals as simple as creating an issue (at least from the
casual observer's perspective) will lead into a lot of "this is a good
idea" strawmen of likely very low quality. The higher barrier of entry
helps filter most of that out other than here in the mailing list.