Tracking proposals should be standardized with issues

Renki Ivanko fatalis.erratum at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:19:56 UTC 2016

The issue tracker should have a labeled issue matching every proposal, so
that it's possible to look through previous proposals and track their
status, instead of just manually compiled lists of current proposals. Older
proposals can essentially only be found by stumbling upon them, and their
status/resolution needs to be pieced together by googling for clues in this
list or in meeting notes, and it leads to confusion and duplicate or
incomplete proposals and efforts.

It would also be worthwhile to organize more general design ideas into
issues that could be referenced by specific proposals. For example, I'm
interested in the iterator prototype method idea, but I'm unsure if they're
still planned, or if the consensus has shifted away from them for some
reason.