Better way to maintain this reference on event listener functions

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Mon May 9 16:41:25 UTC 2016

On 5/9/16 12:37 PM, Mark Kennedy wrote:
> and also REMOVING the event listeners manually.

I think this is the key part.  What is the precise use case for removing
here?  I think that affects how this would best be designed.

The obvious case is when you want to remove the listener at the point
when it fires.  This would be most easily addressed by providing a way
to get at the listener from inside itself somehow.  Are there other uses?

-Boris