Is ES officially a PascalCase and camelCase langauge?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:14:14 UTC 2016

I know the "what majority does" answer, yet I wonder if to avoid API
fragmentation we should stick in the specification the fact that ECMAScript
is a `camelCase` oriented programming language.

This will put an end to those coming from C, Python, Ruby, or PHP using
`property_name` for their new API and developers will finally have a
minimal guide on language naming convention.

It is backward compatible, since IIRC there are no exception to this
unwritten rule in older specs or APIs, and it will hopefully grant future
consistency.

It shouldn't be different from what WebIDL has already, if anything, since
also WebIDL follows same convention.

Thoughts?

Best Regards