A plan to help TC39 become more open up to community contributions and participations

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed Jun 15 15:48:27 UTC 2016

> On Jun 14, 2016, at 8:57 PM, Isiah Meadows <isiahmeadows at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just an educated guess (I'm not actually involved in any part of this effort - just a random person subscribed to this list), but I think it's because of ECMA itself. Granted, TC39 has already noted that this one doesn't exactly fit well with the rest of their framework, because of the constant and frequent input, and because the software industry moves a lot faster than the hardware and electrical engineering industries (that's most of what ECMA deals with).

Note that Ecma has a long history of developing software related standards. In fact the second standard issued by Ecma was for a programming language.
 http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Standardwithdrawn.htm <http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Standardwithdrawn.htm>