Can strict parameters shadow strict function names?

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Thu Jun 9 17:24:33 UTC 2016

var foo = function bar(bar) {'use strict'};

On all version of Safari/JSC I just tested, this code gives a
SyntaxError: Invalid parameters or function name in strict mode.

On all versions of Chrome/v8 and FF/SpiderMonkey I just tested, this code
is accepted without error.

Which behavior is incorrect? Is this an ES5 vs ES2015 issue? Are there
currently any existing bug reports about this? Any test262 tests?

We are running into this when loading the output of a minifier as strict
code.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM