Oddly accepted RegExps

Andy Earnshaw andyearnshaw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:48:18 UTC 2016

IE has supported all of these for as long as I can remember.  AFAIK, it's
never been a requirement _in browsers_ to escape [ inside a character class
or ] outside e.g. `/[[]/` ([ is inside) or `/[]]/` (] is outside).  If it's
not the case in the spec (I haven't checked the spec grammar), it should
probably be classed as  a spec bug for compat reasons.