Process of proposing targeted deconstruction

John Gardner gardnerjohng at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:03:42 UTC 2016

I'd like to propose a simple yet potent syntax addition
<https://esdiscuss.org/topic/constructing-objects-from-named-identifiers>
for /ECMAScript\d+/. What's the most direct approach to get this officially
considered? I've seen differing procedures mentioned in places and I'm
unsure.

BTW, am I the only one getting confused by the year-based naming
convention? I skip over intermediate letters when reading and only absorb
the last digit, which makes me mistake ES2017 as ES7, which is actually
ES2016, which I get mixed up with ES6, which is ES2015.