es7 proposal/polyfill?: base Map/WeakMap off Proxy + Weak References

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:03:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/19/16 3:50 PM, Coroutines wrote:
>> Side discussion: Why does Javascript have this limitation? - what I
>> view as a limitation?  You'd think this could be supported without
>> breaking older JS..
>
> I don't see how it could.  I'll bet $50 someone out there is using
> obj[location] for example.

Yes, relying on the stringification behavior is very common.
Absolutely no way to change it at this point without something like
AWB's (abandoned) Object Model Reformation proposal
<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:object_model_reformation>
that would allow changing the behavior of [].

~TJ