es7 proposal/polyfill?: base Map/WeakMap off Proxy + Weak References

Coroutines coroutines at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:50:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 4:40 AM, Thomas Foster
<thomasfoster at fastmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure where you got that idea, but aren't the objects just being converted to string property names?

Huh.  I was so certain Node allowed that - I guess I just never made
use of it.  I knew that 'legally' Map was the only place you could use
an Object as a key, but someone told me a long time ago Node allowed
this with normal Objects.  I think I never noticed my err because
whenever I wanted to use an Object as a key I always needed the weak
reference property of WeakMap so I was required to use that anyway.

Side discussion: Why does Javascript have this limitation? - what I
view as a limitation?  You'd think this could be supported without
breaking older JS..