Error stack strawman

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Thu Feb 18 07:34:24 UTC 2016

On 18 February 2016 at 02:36, Gary Guo <nbdd0121 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> * isTail will be set when the frame indicates a frame created by tail call
> instead of normal function call. Caller's frame is already removed so we
> need some indication for that to help debugging.

This would be fairly difficult to support by implementations. In V8, for
example, we currently have no way of reconstructing that information, nor
would it be easy or cheap to add that. A frame is created by the callee,
but that does not know how it got called. Funnelling through that
information would effectively require a hidden extra argument to _every_
call.

/Andreas