Try/catch conditional exceptions in light of generators

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:25:54 UTC 2016

> It appears that there are no proposals on the way to deal with it and it
> is a very real problem. What would be the correct process to bring more
> attention to it?

A proposal posted here : )

A few things to address (off the top of my head):

- There was an old proposal for catch guards
<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:catch_guards> based
on refutable
pattern matching
<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:pattern_matching>.  Should
the catch syntax be based on pattern matching?  If not, why not?  If so,
then we'll need an updated proposal for pattern matching first.
- If, instead of pattern matching, catch guards are based around some kind
of runtime "typing" (using that word loosely), how does that work with
Realms and duplicated libraries?