Weak Reference proposal

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:45:32 UTC 2016

The weak reference proposal <https://github.com/tc39/proposal-weakrefs> hasn't
seen a lot of activity, and I haven't found much news elsewhere on it.
What's the status on it?

Where I'm building a language-integrated process pool in Node.js, complete
with shared "references" and async iterator support, I really badly need
weak references to avoid otherwise inevitable memory leaks across multiple
processes if the references aren't explicitly released. So far, my only
option is to take a native dependency (I have no other dependencies), but
that's very suboptimal, and it eliminates the possibility of porting to
browsers. So I really badly need language-level weak references.

-----

Isiah Meadows
me at isiahmeadows.com