Import wildcards on the right side of the statement

kdex kdex at kdex.de
Thu Apr 21 11:11:31 UTC 2016

A browser couldn't possibly resolve globs at runtime without you providing some additional information to the runtime environment, so I don't see how this could be implemented.
It's not really about browsers, anyway; the ES environment knows nothing about files, either. (meaning that `require` is something on top of v8 and doesn't belong to the language at all.)

Even if you were to resolve these globs *somehow*; this could have huge impacts on performance, since the result of a glob is dynamic. Also, wasn't the `import` syntax supposed to
be statically analyzable anyway?

One could, however, try to make this work with a babel transform that transforms globs into multiple `import` statements.
Then again, I neither think that a syntax shouldn't depend on its underlying file system nor that this would solve a case where you'd have:

```js
import * as SingleBinding from "./some/glob/**/*.js";
```

A cleaner pattern would be to import one single module that, itself, imports only the modules that it needs.