Take let variable out of temporal dead zone

Jason Orendorff jason.orendorff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:01:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Oriol Bugzilla
<oriol-bugzilla at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is this behaviour intended? Is there any way to take `foo` out of the TDZ,
> so that I can assign values and read them?

Yes, the behavior is intended. I know because I raised this issue here
before the standard was finalized - search the archives.

And no, there's no standard way to fix it afterwards. You have to hit Refresh.

Firefox quietly changes the let-binding to undefined for you if you
manage to get this when you're just typing in some code in the Firefox
devtools. But it's a nonstandard hack.

-j