Alternative to Promise

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:46:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:51 PM, 韩冬 <handong05 at meituan.com> wrote:
> ES6 Promise is great,  i just want to share my thoughts on dealing with
> callback hell issue with a different approach here.
> I’m been try to port ConT monad from haskell to javascript these days, after
> some work, i believe we can have a much simpler alternative to Promise, read
> this introduction to my approach please:
>
> http://winterland1989.github.io/Action.js/
>
> I’m not saying it’s better than Promise, but it’s much simpler and easier
> IMO, any peer are welcomed!

Promises already exist and are implemented in most browsers already.
They won't be replaced; anything which hopes to occupy a similar niche
needs to justify how it is sufficiently useful to be worth having two
similar-but-not-identical things in the standard library.  There's
always going to be decisions that could have been made slightly
differently, and which would make things more convenient for
particular use-cases, but that doesn't, by itself, justify the cost of
adding to the standard library.

Likely anything new will want to fit into the General Theory of
Reactivity <https://github.com/kriskowal/gtor>.

~TJ