Template strings as a template language.

Alexander Jones alex at weej.com
Sun Sep 13 13:15:03 UTC 2015

I think it would look something like this:

```js
tag `string text ${expression} string text`
// vs.
String.templateEval("string text ${expression} string text", tag)
```

(Clearly, evaluation errors would be a runtime error, much like how `eval`
itself works.)

My hunch is this would be quite a useful complement to the template string
feature. It's similar in essence to constructing a RegExp using the
`RegExp` constructor instead of the literal syntax, and is a clear parallel
to `eval`.