Global lexical tier

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Sep 3 18:30:53 UTC 2015

saam barati wrote:
> I think we've also hurt ourselves here with regards to considering
> alternate
> implementations by having some form of "const" being visible across
> multiple JS programs for a while now.

This property of top-level const being visible across mutliple programs
(script elements) holds under the current ES6 spec (global lexical
tier). Were you remarking on how const under the counter-proposal Jason
brought up would bind a global object property? Otherwise the
multiple-programs-see-one-program's-const situation doesn't change from
either proposal to the other.