Is let let = 1 a valid statement?

Till Schneidereit till at tillschneidereit.net
Fri Nov 13 10:44:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Eric Suen <eric.suen.tech at gmail.com> wrote:

> My bad, I mixd it with esprima, on Chrome and Firefox in loose mode, let
> declaration is not support.
> so it's syntax error, in esprima, let let = 1 is invalid, but let private
> = 1 is valid.

When testing things like this, I would recommend testing against the latest
development versions of browsers, i.e. Chrome Canary and Firefox Nightly.
At least in the latter, let is supported in strict and non-strict mode.

Also, take a look at es6draft, which strives (very successfully) to be a
highly compliant implementation of the entire spec:
https://github.com/anba/es6draft