Javascript Code Churn Rate?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Tue Nov 10 14:58:14 UTC 2015

On 11/10/15 7:41 AM, Ethan Resnick wrote:
> And how long until they could remove support for the rest of the
> language altogether?

This makes the fundamental assumption that it's OK to break old things
just because they're old.  To the extent that the web is used for
applications, this is probably OK, but for documents this is really a
bad approach because we (well at least some of us) want those to
continue to be readable as the web evolves.  Otherwise we end up with a
"dark ages" later on where things that appeared in print continue to be
readable while later digital stuff, even if still available, is not.

And in this case "documents" includes things like interactive New York
Times stuff and whatnot...

-Boris